pages

4.23.2013

Is your hair old, dull, and needs body?


So as I've gotten older I've noticed my hair doesn't recover as easily as it use to from coloring, blow outs, irons you know the laundry list. Well it's my personal mission to see my hair recover. I have also noticed my hair line is thinning. A couple of possibilities could account for the loss.
Stress can cause hair loss, Age the loss of strength at the root, and ponytails can cause stress on the follicles
I also have fine hair and as you may or may not know when hair is wet it's more fragile and stretches more easily which leads to breakage.


advice:
·       Use a quality brush and or comb. I use Mason Person  a favorite for my hair and my family, AKA small girl in the house with lots of hair, but Denman are also great.

·        Don’t use the hottest setting on your hair dryer, the medium air will allow the shine to come out in your hair.

·        Choose a product like L’ Oreal Age Supreme or Tigi’s Reborn Awakening System. Each has their own unique qualities that make them special.   

Now aging hair doesn't mean you're old- it’s your hair. As I stated before, Blow-drying, flat irons, hot tools, excessive brushing, and well you get it. Once your hair has grown out of your head the lipid bonds that protect the hair shaft start to break down, the end result- a dull, brittle and thin hair shaft. 

There are products that help place a lipid protection system back to your hair. I use Tigi’s Reborn Awakening system. The Nocturnal Reparative Therapy, I love the name. This is a gem. Now the directions say to apply to dry hair before bed, I don't have a challenge with this with one exception, if you have a lot of product in your hair don't use it then.  I would wait for the one evening when you have no product in the hair.

Bennies of this gem:
·        Pro- Lipid 3 has been proven to penetrate the hair strengthening and adding moisture from the inside out.
·        Babassu oil is known to have 70% lipid content, alone making it the perfect match for restoration of hair and skin. 

I have noticed a huge difference in my color lasting longer and staying bright and shiny.

Now I have yet to try the L’Oreal Age Supreme Masques




If your hair feel dry, looks dull and thin this has Omega 6 vitamins giving the hair a youthful soft appearance and dense feel.
The other fun power ingredient is Intra cylane. This power molecule has the ability to ‘auto-expand’. It develops into a 3-dimensional network leaving the hair shaft feeling thicker (body).

Now that I’ve completed the 30day Reborn Challenge I think I’ll mix in the Age Supreme. Maybe my hair will look like Jennifer Lawrence I’ll let you know how it goes.


SW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in for a chat-- it's wonderful to hear from you!

XX
SW