pages

12.17.2012

Clean Hair Ponytails for Spring 2013


If I could buy a gift for Gina B. it would be this fabulous surfboard. Back in the day I did some surfing in some great spots- @ Blacks (great left break) and at Sunset cliffs (that’s a trek down a cliff, a jump and paddle out). Anyway I no longer surf but she does and I came across this and thought of her. In the process of my find I fell in love with Etro’s S/S 2013 collection. The detail on this one pair of pants looked like butterfly wings in the wind. Just a spectacular show filled with beautiful prints and wearable shapes. This hair was a big Yes Yes for me as well. It reminds me of the PA for Missoni's Designer Preview we did.


via Etro.com

image and hair SW and KA

via style.com

I will be rocking the supper long, blunt cut ponytail this spring.  I just love the clean look of it and the slouchy black bow.
Lucky for me I've got Karen Angel working on the faux ponytail after Christmas. Funny thing the 5 year old ask if her Nona could make one for her too. How cute right! When I get the pony I’ll post a How To on Faux Pony Tails. 




Photo Corbis Images.com

Well In case you’re not familiar with Karen’s work, she is a master hairdresser. She lends her talents to Tigi Talent Team, doing shows for NYC fashion week, and a variety of other shows throughout the country. I LOVE that women’s work.
If you get the chance to get an appointment with her you will see what I mean. She is a true talent and the last of a dying breed of master hairdresser such as the likes of Vidal Sassoon, Leo Passage, and Guy Muscolo of Toni & Guy/Tigi.   
     
Hope you enjoyed
Till next time
 SW





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in for a chat-- it's wonderful to hear from you!

XX
SW